Tuesday, January 2, 2007

The winning attitude - Enterpreneur's essential

I met my good friend Ramamoorthy after more than two decades. We went to engineering school together. He soon sent me an interesting message on being a winner. I thought it was so apt for an entrepreneur – to whom this blog is really dedicated. An entrepreneur needs a strong attitude to win and the message captures very nicely the winning attitude:

The Winner is always part of the answer;
- the Loser is always part of the problem.
The Winner always has a program;
- the Loser always has an excuse.
The Winner says, "Let me do it for you";
- the Loser says, "That is not my job."
The Winner sees an answer for every problem;
- the Loser sees a problem for every answer.
The Winner says, "It may be difficult but it is possible";
- the Loser says, "It may be possible but it is too difficult."
When a Winner makes a mistake, he says, "I was wrong";
- when a Loser makes a mistake, he says, "It wasn't my fault."
A Winner makes commitments;
- the Loser makes promises.
The Winner has a dream;
- the Loser has a scheme.
The Winner says, "I must do something";
- the Loser says, "Someone must do something"
The Winner sees opportunities;
- the Loser sees problems.
The Winner believes in win-win;
- the Loser believes for him to win someone has to lose.

My sincere thanks to Ramamoorthy and the anonymous author of this message.

No comments: